Why We’re Different
At Hotel Equities, we have redefined business culture and captured it in our core values. These values aren’t posted on a wall and ignored. They define who we are and how we conduct ourselves – with investors, guests and one another.
From our Atlanta-based headquarters throughout all of our hotels, we review these values daily in our team meetings. Each associate carries a printed copy with them as an affirmation of their beliefs and commitment to these principles. Guest loyalty, industry recognition and continued growth are solid proof that “practicing what we preach” really does make a difference.
iCARE — Influential, Community, Authentic, Responsible & Engaged
This is an expression of the Hotel Equities' culture. The iCARE initiative encourages community involvement and associate team building throughout all of our properties.
Empathy & Encouragement
Hotel Equities further demonstrates commitment to our associates’ welfare through our award-winning interdenominational Chaplaincy Program. As an active listener and astute sounding board, our Chaplain fosters self-esteem, strong relationships and open lines of communication. This extra support engenders a sense of well-being and dramatically improves associate engagement. It creates a sense of energy that drives positive performance throughout the company.
Our Value Statements
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (The Golden Rule)
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Hire an attitude and teach them the business.
- Inspect what you expect.
- The greatest leaders are the greatest servants.
- Wherever you are, be there.
- If it were my money, would I spend it?
- Nothing happens until somebody sells something.
- Guests aren’t always right, but they are always guests.
- Having integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- All people matter to God.